We Provide The Following Chiropractic Treatments in our Middletown NY chiropractors office:
- Gentle hands on adjustments- After your examination we will do some stretching to relax your muscles. A gentle manual adjustment will relieve your pain.
- Massage Therapy– Therapeutic massage has been an accepted remedy and health practice for thousands of years. The healing systems of many cultures, including our own, use hands-on therapy to soothe aches and pains and facilitate the body’s own healing powers. From infancy to seniors, massage has been found to enhance general health and well-being.
- Trigger Point Therapy- Trigger points are specific spots in muscles and tendons which cause pain, and which may radiate pain to an even larger area. Trigger points may be caused by repeated use of a particular muscle, they may develop over time from chronic muscular tension, or by sudden trauma like from an auto accident. A direct pressure is applied to the trigger point to deactivate it, thus relieving the pain it causes.
- Traction/Expanding Ellipsoidal Decompression- This action seperates the joints at the anterior and posterior aspect of the vertebral bodies and discs in a ratio coinciding with their natural wedged spacing. Does not remove the normal curved shape from the spine as in linear traction and is therefore not harmful to the natural curves of the spine.
- Continuous Passive Motion- Continuous Passive Motion kneads the muscles back and forth – loosening them and restoring flexibility to the muscles. It also releases the tension by gently massaging your back which opens up the spaces between the vertebrae to relieve nerve impingement so your muscles aren’t spasmed anymore and your vertebrae are no longer spueezing together and pinching nerves.
- Ultrasound- High frequency sound waves that are transferred to a specific body area. The sound waves travel deep into tissues and create gentle heat. The heat induces vasodilation: drawing blood into the target tissues. The generated deep heat is found to help relieve pain and reduce muscle spasms.